Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cupcake Island








OMG...you've got to go to Cupcake Island!!! My niece, Jessica, recently took me to the island in the city...for cupcakes. If you like sweets like I do, you don't want to miss this bakery. The cupcakes were just the most divine confectionery delights for the eyes as well as your taste buds. I wanted to try them all and Sam and I picked out several. Sam seemed to favor the ones with electric colored frosting and sprinkles. I had trouble deciding...even the names are cute. We took home The Tuxedo, a Twirl for Me, Just Say I Do, and Key Lime cupcakes. I think (maybe) my favorite was the Just Say I Do, which was a white cake flavored with almond and piled high with white frosting and sprinkled with slivered almonds.





The next time I visit, I'm going to try the Pink Champagne cupcake...or maybe the Boston Cream. But then, the On Cloud Nine sounds interesting or maybe the Italian Dream Cake. I've got to stop this or else I'm going to get into my Jeep and drive to Omaha now. What the hell, it's only a two hour drive!!!





I drooled all over my camera, so I used the photos from their website www.cupcakeisland.com. The site also has the recipe for their Italian Dream Cupcakes.
Follow your sweet tooth the next time you are in Omaha to Cupcake Island 1314 S. 119th (off Pacific) Omaha, Ne and indulge yourself!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment